NFL teams are to announce their Day 3 Draft picks from unique locations, and will be recognising key individuals.
From military bases, to state landmarks and attractions, and even to outer space, NFL teams will announce their Day 3 selections for Rounds 4 to 6 of the NFL Draft from special locations, of their choosing, and will recognise individuals who have made a significant impact.
Beginning on Saturday, April 29 at 5:00 PM BST, Day 3 pick announcements will feature current NFL players and legends, military personnel, actors, singers, and other special guests. New this year, Round 6 will be youth football-themed, and youth football players from Pop Warner, NFL FLAG, and local teams will represent various NFL clubs in their individual markets during pick selections.
Here is a sampling of special team announcements during Day 3 of the NFL Draft:
- Arizona Cardinals – Ten season ticket members will join cheerleaders and Big Red, the team’s mascot, to announce picks from the GRAND CANYON.
- Chicago Bears – Bears running back JORDAN HOWARD and military personnel will make selections from the team’s headquarters at HALAS HALL.
- Cleveland Browns – Former Browns player JOSH CRIBBS and season ticket members, along with alumni, will announce picks from CEDAR POINT AMUSEMENT PARK.
- Denver Broncos – Military members and NFL legends will make selections from PIÑON CANYON MANEUVER SITE.
- Houston Texans – Astronauts at the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION AND SPACE CENTER will announce picks for the first time from outer space.
- Indianapolis Colts – Colts defensive end KENDALL LANGFORD will make picks from the INDIANAPOLIS ZOO, along with staff personnel.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Picks will be announced from LONDON and JACKSONVILLE.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Service members will make picks from the WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE.
- New York Jets – Children of fallen EMT Yadira Arroyo will announce Day 3 selections from EMT HOUSE 26.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Actor MORRIS CHESTNUT and CNBC’s JIM CRAMER will make picks from the NFL DRAFT THEATER.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Actor MILO VENTIMIGLIA, actress MANDY MOORE, current players, and members of a local youth football team will announce selections from HEINZ FIELD.
- San Francisco 49ers – Country music singer JON PARDI will make picks from LEVI’S STADIUM.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – General JOSEPH VOTEL, Commander of the United States Central Command, will announce selections from the team’s headquarters at ONE BUCANNEERS PLACE.
- Washington Redskins – Actor MICHAEL EALY will make picks with fans from FEDEX FIELD.
Special team announcements for Day 3 will be broadcast in Philadelphia throughout the NFL Draft Experience presented by Dannon® Oikos® Triple Zero, the league’s largest free football festival taking place along Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
Fans may also view Day 3 pick announcements on NFL Draft live platforms – such as NFL.com, the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile), NFL Now, the NFL app on Xbox One and Windows 10, and Yahoo! Sports – as well as on ESPN. NFL Network will also feature select picks live on NFL Network Draft programming.
Fans can watch NFL Network digitally through Watch NFL Network on tablets, PCs and various connected TV devices (NFL.com/watch), with participating television providers. Select teams will also live stream local pick announcements on their websites and social media. Get full audio coverage of the 2017 NFL Draft live with Westwood One, TuneIn, and SiriusXM NFL Radio.